Current U.S. Soccer Referees who are interested in refereeing more challenging levels of competition may consider upgrading to Regional Referee. Prior to making this refereeing commitment, a Referee should communicate with EPSARC’s SRA (Ian Bongaardt).
- Read this important document: 2023-referee-pathway
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have held a Grassroots Referee license over the past 3 consecutive registration years
- Pass the Fitness test
- Three (3) Passing Evaluations as a Center Referee: Two (2) at the adult amateur level, One (1) at the highest youth level in the state. (U18 or U19 2 x 45 minute halves)
- Evaluations must be done by three (3) different referee coaches.
What you should do now:
- Maintain a Game Log, tracking your Centers and ARs, age group and date of match.
- Reach out to Joe Della Penna (or your local Assignor) to get higher level matches for experience. (Use Contact Form below)
- Reach out to Joe when you’re ready to accept games for assessment.
- Work and train on your fitness.
- Review the 2023-referee-pathway
- Log into your EPSARC account
- Register for the Referee – Regional Recert clinic – THIS WILL OPEN AFTER SEPT 1st:
- From your home page, click on the Registration drop down and select “Register for a clinic/fitness test”
- Go through the prompts to select Referee > Upgrade
- Online modules
- Online test
- Current background clearances
- Must be completed every 5 years
- SafeSport must be redone yearly
- Register for the Fitness Test (same process as #2 above)
- Contact your Assignor for games that qualify for upgrade assessment
- Attend the Advanced Clinic and pass the Fitness Test.