What do I need to do to become a US Soccer referee?

Visit www.epsarc.org > Referees > Become a Referee

Basically, you will need to:

  1. Register with USSF Learning Center as a referee and establish a USSF profile and USSF identification number.
  2. Complete the online lessons on the USSF Learning Center for referees AND including SafeSport
  3. Complete the mandatory Background Clearances (which the referee candidate should begin this process concurrently with 1 and 2).
  4. Register, attend and complete an upcoming Referee Entry Level Field Session course (often hosted by local soccer clubs).

I didn’t complete my recertification by June 30 for the current year. What do I do?

You may recertify as long as your license hasn’t lapsed more than 3 years.

Log into your OMS referee account (epsarc.omgtsys.com) and from the “Registration” drop down menu select “Register for a clinic or fitness test”.

Go through the prompts.  All requirements are completed online only (no in-person clinic)

It’s been more than 3 years since I last registered as a US Soccer official.

You will need to take the Entry Level course again.  See #1 above.

I lost my badge – how do I get a new one?

Log into your OMS referee account (epsarc.omgtsys.com) and from the “Registration” drop down menu select “Order a replacement badge”.

Badges will be mailed within 2 weeks to the address in your account.

How do I get games? How do I contact an Assignor?

Visit our website Referee Assignors for a list of assignors and how to search for one. Reach out to them with your information and availability and ask how they handle their assigning process.

Check with your local clubs to explore opportunities to work their intramural/rec games.

For a list of sanctioned tournaments, visit the Youth Soccer Association website www.epysa.org > Cups/Competitions > Tournament Sanctioning > blue link: Complete list of current tournaments.

I don’t see an Entry Level field session course in my area.

The Entry Level courses are hosted by local clubs and organizations. Once requested, EPSARC will approve them, post them to the USSF Learning Center, post them to the EPSARC website, and assign Instructors.

If you don’t see one near you, reach out to your local club and inquire if they would be interested in hosting an entry level field session course.